Frances Moore Lappe’s new book, Liberation Ecology, identifies six dis-empowering ideas and re-frames them with insightful solutions. This book was recently published in a limited first edition with an invitation from the author to write her back with comments, edits, and additional ideas.
1. To save the planet, our economies have to stop growing.
2. We’ve hit the limits of a finite Earth.
3. We must overcome selfish human nature to save the planet.
4. To make progress, we have to override people’s innate resistance to the rules.
5. People are now so far removed from the natural world that they will never feel the connection to nature necesarry for an environmental turn-around.
6. Given the magnitude and scope of today’s problems, there’s no time for democracy.
Go to the website to read more and to take a short survey of your perceptions before reading the book and how Lappe addresses each of these ideas that are holding us back from a world in sync with nature and on a road to sustainability.